Friday, July 3, 2009

WELCOME TO THE SGKF BLOG!

My name is Frank and I was born and raised here in Valdosta, Georgia. I fished off and on with my dad and later with friends as I grew up. I have never been what one would consider an avid fisherman.

That changed this past January (2009) when I purchased my first fishing kayak. I've fished more since than I did the 20 years previous.

The purpose of this blog is to share information about kayak fishing around South Georgia. Because of my location it may include areas like the Georgia coast, Jacksonville, Florida Gulf Coast and Panhandle.

I own three kayaks made by
Ocean Kayak. The Tridents 11, 13 and a Big Game. Good kayaks, not perfect. (None are perfect) I'm sure I'll end up selling/trading/owning more . . .

ENJOY!!

**********
LINKS
Current Georgia river levels: Real Time Georgia Streamflow
Solunar Tables for your zip code: HERE
Rigging your kayak: Captain Dick
Interactive map by Angling Technologies:
HERE

FORUMS
Georgia Kayak Fishing
Georgia River Fishing
Jax Kayak Fishing
Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing
(you might need to be registered to view this one)

FLY FISHING RESOURCES

Fly Fishing West Georgia

Books and DVD by George Roberts:
Master the Cast
Fly Fisherman's Guide to Saltwater Naturals and Their Imitation
Saltwater Casting - 10 Steps to Distance and Power (DVD)

**********


If you are a resident of Georgia and like to fish from a kayak I recommend becoming a supporting member of the Georgia Kayak Fishing Association located at GeorgiaKayakFishing.com.